i have windows Me. i am using BlackICE as my firewall. i have goten all the updates and stuff like that. every once and a while i see a red line go though the blackice icon next to my time clock (on the bottom right corner). so i click on it and it doesn't say anything. can anyone explain to me what could be causing this?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

As long as you see the systray icon, the blackice engine is started; if you see that red line, one of the blackice apps (Application protection, for example) is not working (that's happening on my computer).

so what does that mean that it is being disabled? how do i fix it from doing that

so what does that mean that it is being disabled? how do i fix it from doing that

Right click on that icon, click "Enable ...":))

it is already enabled

I also have black ice ( the newest one which is v3.6.coo) and all it means is that you are offline this is normal, it should only be doing it when your offline, if it does it when your online then i suggest you reinstall it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.