:)

Hi ,
tried installing Chrome from google but unable to do the same as the event viewer showed the following error

"The description for Event ID ( 20 ) in Source ( Google Update ) cannot be found."

also

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8007f004: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130).

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I had a problem as well.. My firewall was blocking something that was needed with the installation. I removed the program in add or remove programs and re-installed with my firewall off.. ouch.. anyway it worked fine..

There are a few other problems I have heard about too. But when you get it going, I like it... So far I have ditched Internet Explorer because I like google chrome.

I had a problem as well.. My firewall was blocking something that was needed with the installation. I removed the program in add or remove programs and re-installed with my firewall off.. ouch.. anyway it worked fine..

There are a few other problems I have heard about too. But when you get it going, I like it... So far I have ditched Internet Explorer because I like google chrome.

Thanks mitz

But your firewall was blocking ....can u pls be little specific so that i could remove the same settings ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.