I was told that some setting on vista can cause my issue. I am not sure what setting it is or how I would even changet them once told what the setting issue is.

Here is my problem: I recently added Norton Anti-virus and a router to my PC. I am clearly connected to the internet because I am able to get on AIM and talk with people. However, when I go to a website I am not able to. I recieve an error as if I was not connected to the internet. I was told that it may have something to do with the Proxy settings. I am not sure where to find them or even what they are. I also have no idea of what they should be changed to.

PLEASE HELP!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try restoring your IE settings to the default by clicking Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Reset IE Settings and click the reset button.

i would uninstall norton and maybe try disabling ipv6

proxy settings can be found after using inetcpl.cpl command under LAN settings on the Connections tab

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.