:cry: All:

I got hit with a nasty spyware bug that some of the other moderators were kind enough to help me reomve from my system. SInce doing so, however, I keep getting the following message when attempting to access certain sites or click on certain links:

"A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?"
It then gives me a line number (which changes based on the page I am trying to access) and an erroe message, usually something like "Error: Permission Denied"

Can someone please lend a hand and tell me what I need to do to get back up to speed?

Thanks very much in advance
agavzy

All:

Problem is solved:
For those of you that end up with the same problem:
goto to http://support.microsft.com and download the latest version of IE with the service packs. THen:

While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.

Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6 by double clicking on the file you previously downloaded. By editing the registry, you have fooled the system into thinking that IE is not installed, it will then install ALL IE components, not just those it thinks you are missing from your pc.

The down load is 7400KB and takes a few minutes, it then begins the reinstall on its own. It will need to reboot early on in the process (after 5-10% completion) Make sure all other processes are closed and allow the system to reboot and complete its installation.

Thats it - you're done!

Glad you have it sorted agavzy :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.