Anyone trying the beta of SP2?
Opinions?

It fixed a bug i had where hibernate totally messed up my wireless, which is nice.
HyperV is nice too (I run server 2008)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Not sure, i need to download, and i'm going to try it on my brother's PC. But i have seen on the net that it has helped people with wireless connections... but also a lot of people are waiting for the full release....

Cohen

Yup dont try it on a production machine unless you dont mind reinstalling in a few months (it is timebombed)

Yup dont try it on a production machine unless you dont mind reinstalling in a few months (it is timebombed)

oh, then, i'll pass, my brother won't want that, we just to reinstall vista cause he got a new hard drive.

Cohen

I have problems with the MS updates. They sometimes cause great problems. I have recently rolled back using sys restore and Lost my Anvil Taskmanager I got from giveaway! It messed up with my HDSPA huawei E220 and my Wing IDE. It have done before and my Laptop became Unstable

I'm not sure If it is right to install it or disable completly the updates!

? what?

? what?

I sometimes wish to shut it up (I have done some time ago) due to those annoying behaviours. What do you reckon?

Installed SP2 beta on my desktop last night and it hasn't blown up yet. It installed fairly quickly (considering the size) and only rebooted once. Things seems to be working a bit faster, but I really haven't used it enough to say much about it, except that, at least, it didn't blow up! Of course, Vista STILL cannot find the Microsoft Games, but that should be in a whole other thread :)

Which edition do you have

Vista Home Premium.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.