Member Avatar for rev1065

I am clean of viruses and spybots.I am running windows xp home edition. I was hijacked a few days ago and finally have everything up and running but when i surf the web all the browsers show the browser but I also get boxes with x.s instead of the pictures. I also have boxes showing saying that the browser cannot be displayed or something like that even though I am looking at the page at the time. Any Ideas or help?
Also even after I am looking at the browser the bar that shows the status of my browser connection freezes about 3\4th of the way to the end.
This is what the boxes all over the browsers say.
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Probably a problem with proxy, or with your internet connection.
Disable proxy in Tools->Internet options->Connections, or use Manual proxy configuration.
Also, try to ping the web server you're surfing, and make sure the ping does not break up, nor takes too much time to complete.
ping www.microsoft.com -t

Wapper

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.