I have a Fujitsu Lifebook C notebook with XP (about 2 yrs old). I'm unable to install the svcpk2. Closed all startups and still can't get it to work. When the Windows startup logo comes up it goes to a blue screen for a second so I can only make out some sort of full page error message. Then it goes to the disk check and continues this loop. Never get past the Windows startup page.
Anyone had similar problems or suggestions?
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Couldn't find anything useful in the threads unfortunately. Did know of a conflict though with Zonealarm so I even removed it before installing sp2 and still had the same problem.

I can boot up in safe mode.

Hopefully, something will come across a thread that will help.

Thanks!

Boot into Safe Mode, go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and see if SP2 is there; if it is, remove it, and then see if you can boot normally.

If it's not there, or you still can't boot into normal mode, go back into Safe Mode and see if you can use System Restore to go back to a Point prior to when you started having trouble.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.