It does not sound like it is booting. I am consistently getting this error message and only this message. After a minute or so, I just get a blue screen. Funny thing is that the mouse tracks across the screen! I have swapped monitors, graphics cards, cables, mouse, keyboard; but all no change.
Using a Knoppix disk to boot from CD drive, am able to access files; but I don't know what else to do to get my system back to operation. I note that in using Knoppix (v. 3.6 - I think), the Y and Z keys are switched on the keyboard? Is this a function of my machine, or just a transliteration error from original Knoppix language?
Any suggestion on what to do to get my system back into service.
Attached is system description

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

well if the mouse is on the screen then it booted ,just with problems !
can you do alt+ctrl+del and bring up windows task manager when you are that far!
,or on boot up hit f8 to see if you get safe mode option

well if the mouse is on the screen then it booted ,just with problems !
can you do alt+ctrl+del and bring up windows task manager when you are that far!
,or on boot up hit f8 to see if you get safe mode option

Oh yes. Forgot to mention that f8 on boot did not affect any change

Neither does ctrl/alt/del

you could maybe do a repair install with the widows disk

plug in your hdd to an external usb enclosre and scan through other pc.. to check for any malwares on your system.. or do as caperjack suggested..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.