I was on my computer last night and I was just messing around but then i went on World of Warcraft and was playing for about 30mins. Then all of a sudden my Laptop (Which is a HP dv9208nr) Monitor scrambled like if u try and play a dirty VHS tape. Then it seemed like it went clear and I could see what I'm guessing is the back of the monitor. I wouldn't know what it looks like because I've only ever seen it with a picture or totally black. When the picture comes back after a few seconds my computer is frozen and i cant do anything but see the picture. Every time this has happened which is 3 times so far its only when I play WoW. I'm on for like 20-30mins then it does that and I have no clue what it is. I'm guessing its either my monitor going bad or the graphic card got fried. Maybe its the computer telling me not to play WoW too but I don't know lol. Please help. Anything you know would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

U have to adjust ur game's resolution and match it with ur setting of monitor,
either try reinstall graphic driver
try with other games and see is it working prperly or not, if not than contact ur hardware engineer may be monitor or graphic card problem

U have to adjust ur game's resolution and match it with ur setting of monitor,
either try reinstall graphic driver
try with other games and see is it working prperly or not, if not than contact ur hardware engineer may be monitor or graphic card problem

Thank you for the information ill try those different things.

I tried downloading several different drivers and updates for my graphics card but i cant find anything compatible even when it says it should work with the graphics card i have. i think my graphics card is just shot or something. I can use it all day on the internet and minor games like solitaire and bookworm or whatever but if i try and play games that tax my graphics card my computer just dies after a while. I think i just need a new computer since this one is 2 years old. If theres anything else u could think of let me know but i think its pretty much just time to get a new one lol. Thank you for your help!

its just not a gamer laptop!

Why are u Changing PC, U have to check ur graphic card install it to ur friend's PC and check it out there(do only if u know how to insert it in PCI slot) if it wont work then buy new graphic card not PC, It will show
I suggest u u have to contact ur Hardware Eng. before go fo new pc

Why are u Changing PC, U have to check ur graphic card install it to ur friend's PC and check it out there(do only if u know how to insert it in PCI slot) if it wont work then buy new graphic card not PC, It will show
I suggest u u have to contact ur Hardware Eng. before go fo new pc

its a laptop,

Then all of a sudden my Laptop (Which is a HP dv9208nr)

and just a side note, you are not suppose to be using all the u's and ur's ,its annoying,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.