Hey everyone. I wanted to install xp over my 2000, and so i loaded everything up installed everything and then got to the partition selection. It would not let me delete C: because it said there were files that were needed for the setup, arent they supposed to be on the disk? So it couldnt delete, but i continued and installed it on that partition (C: ) thinking that after words it will ask me to format. IT didnt.. and i now have 2000 and XP installed and i dont wanna multiboot. I tried going run the format c:, but it wouldnt let me heres wat it said:
Format cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Format may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPEN HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. WOuld you like to force a dismount on this volume
y/n. If put y or n it just closes either way. What do i do??? Im new this. This was going to be the first time id reformat. I only want one windows help pleaes :(!

Please help me. I really need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.