Whenever I try to install a USB mouse I get a new device wizard and from that point 1 of 2 scenarios plays out. Either A) It recognizes the device by name and then tries to install the driver and then kicks back cannot install the hardware with the reason being "The data is invalid" or B) It Only recognizes the mouse and goes straight to the cannot install the hardware "The data is invalid." I've tried this with 3 different USB mice, all from different manufacturers, I've tried on all 4 USB ports, and I'm still just at a loss right now. If anyone has any idea as to what causes this please let me know this is driving me up a wall.

Thanks,
Clinton

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do a system update. That mostly should fix it if your system is not updated already.
also microsoft is trying to use them with generic drivers. try to find actual drivers for your mice.

Do a system update. That mostly should fix it if your system is not updated already.
also microsoft is trying to use them with generic drivers. try to find actual drivers for your mice.

I'll give that a try, but previously my system was fully updated and it did the same thing, and also the mouse I'm using is a microsoft mouse. I'm going to make sure everything is up to date and I'll report back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.