Please support our Windows Software advertiser: Programming Forums?
it's funny, I have used a product Disk Copy from a advertiser Easus,
http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/
it cost me nearly 5 hours to copy my disk.
Why, because it's not a backup software, but just a disk copy utility, I inquire Easus about this, they told me the backup software is not published.
Luckily, there is nothing serious. I hope Daniweb could be more responsible.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Caveat emptor.

Luckily, there is nothing serious. I hope Daniweb could be more responsible.

Um, what?

Disk copies are a form of backup. Indeed, the very first backups were simnply dumps of the whole disk onto tape.

And thats exactly what it says on its site:

"EASEUS Disk Copy provides sector-by-sector disk/partition cloning assuring a copy that is 100% identical to the original. Disk Copy can be used for copying , cloning, or upgrading your original small hard drive to a new larger drive."

Its the same sort of thing as something like Norton Ghost or Acronis. And 5 hours is about the expected time.

I dont see what your problem is?

If at first you dont succeed, rant

5 hours to copy -HOW MUCH- disk
5 hours for 5MB is terrible
5 hours for 5TB is fantastic

When all else fails, rtfm

Thanks for the concerning my question.
At begin,I try to install Disk Copy under Window XP , failed,
I get it should be installed DOS,
it's a utility to copy content from a disk, but I can not restore like Ghost .So I don't think it should be called backup software,just disk copy software.

Sorry for making the trouble, I did find I was barking up the wrong tree, to Daniweb and EASEUS, because I got a great free partitioning tool from EASEUS yestreday, Partition Master personal edition,and it's the latest one.
after installing I could use id to shrink my C:drive and enlarge D ,and creat a 10G partition to place my important files, even convert the partition from FAT to NTFS, what most amazing is I could perform partition copy or disk copy, why didn't I found it before?!! before I close my stupid topic before, I just want introduce thsi good freeware to all fans of Daniweb,
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
Hope all friends could enjoy it.

You know you can convert fat to ntfs on windows?
And on vista you can shrink/expand partitions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.