guys i want to uninstall a program but i cant, so i want to remove it from registry manually, how can i do that?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can use the uninstaller that came with the program, use Revo uninstaller, or a removal tool if the program manufacturer makes one. In my experience I've only found removal tools for AV products like Symantec, Mcafee, and AVG.

There are a number of good registry cleaners around.try www. Iobit.com.
Then remove the folder inwhich hte offending program is and then use the registry cleaner.
M

CCleaner

Its got a registry cleaner and also has (under tools) an option to delete entries from the add/remove programs list.

i tried CCleaner, it seems like a good free software, however, it didnt work, i finally used restore point utility of windows xp, and restored the system to yesterday, it worked.

i tried CCleaner, it seems like a good free software, however, it didnt work, i finally used restore point utility of windows xp, and restored the system to yesterday, it worked.

if you had deleted the programs folder from the c:\program files folder ,ccleaner would /should have cleaned it from the registry !

Not always.

Sometimes if it reuses to believe thungs are uninstalled use a tool called the microsoft Office Cleanup Tool. It will remove the entries from the windows installer database.

Worked for me once when Visual Studio refused to install (had previously had the RC on there, and it refused to believe i didnt any more)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.