you must forgive my complete lack of computer savvy. But Im just trying to play medieval total war and my main video driver keeps pooping out and i can't quite figure it out.
I have a geforce4 card and am running on XP
the error message contains nv4.dll which is listed as the main driver in my diagnostic.
Can i change drivers? I have the latest updates from nvidia but they do nothing.
Can anyone help
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Seems to me like a driver problem. All I can suggest doing is uninstalling your current Nvidia drivers and reinstalling the latest ones off of the web.

Ive done this more than once.
It has not corrected the problem.
Ive even tried a different card and still did not fix it.
Is there anyway to install just a 3D driver and not change the main driver?

No, sorry. Every computer has one video card which displays output to one monitor. That video card needs its own drivers installed.

Modern video cards are sometimes referred to as 3D graphics accelerators/cards because of their capabilities in handling games, etc.

There's no such thing as a 3D driver or a main driver. There's just one video card with one driver for it.

Ive been looking at other threads in this forum and there are discussions of kernels. I don't know anything about this, what are these?

Ive been looking at other threads in this forum and there are discussions of kernels. I don't know anything about this, what are these?

They don't apply to you.

Try an older version of the Detonator drivers. 31.08 sticks out for some reason, or maybe it's 41.09.

how about driver IQRL not less or equal
is the error message on my blue screen

41.09 did not help

If only machine violence solved problems....

Kernels are the central part of the operating system that system software is built around. They are unrelated to this.

how about driver IQRL not less or equal
is the error message on my blue screen

i have that problem, does anyone know how to fix it?? please help!!

hello, i just got an nvidia graphic card and works really well but when i try to play old games like thief it says that my 3d accelerator needs to be updated...lol did that and messed with my settings for a while and didn't get anything..if u know whats up let me know...it says its ""accelerator is having problems with texture memory"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.