I have the xp cd but my cd-rom is not being detected. i suspect the play of virus here so i want to format the entire pc. but how do i format it???

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

There are many ways, but then what? You're still going to need a CD drive to install XP, so just replace the drive.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

I have the xp cd but my cd-rom is not being detected. i suspect the play of virus here so i want to format the entire pc. but how do i format it???

when you go to mycomputer and click on the cdrom icon does it open the windows cd, if yes ,then make sure that boot to cdrom is set as first boot in the bios.

Can your computer read other CD's?
If not so, your CD-drive is screwed up and you should replace it ...

You're explanation is unclear...plz give some more details about ur CD-Rom (unable to boot from it or not getting detected in the OS...) and is you're OS Disc bootable and working?? Or maybe some cable is loose so it can't detect??

Can your computer read other CD's?

You didn't give me an answer to that question ...

wasting your time posting to non responsive poster!!5 days they say nuttin!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.