This will be not be the most useful feature and you can't do miracle by turning on this feature, but you would not neglect this feature because you will know soon how important this feature in vista.

Vista doesn't have quick power off button and you will find it in Xp and most users miss this feature. But now you can make your quick power button by using sleep button in vista.

go to control panel then power options next power settings change for current power plan and advanced power settings. Now expand power and lid buttons, select start menu power button. Change setting from sleep to shutdown.

That's all your problem is solved.

Support me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I find it great you want to share your knowledge, but for me it wasn't very helpful because of the two following reasons:
-> I did already know this
-> I don't use Windows Vista

I figured this out the day i installed vista.........

Hi all
This information given was really helpful to the persons who use Vista or are about to use it.So they can manage it very easily.
====================================
psusane
www.getinforum.com

Hi all
This information given was really helpful to the persons who use Vista or are about to use it.So they can manage it very easily.
====================================
psusane
www.getinforum.com

Thanks and welcome to Daniweb!

Although a few of us may have already known about that it's still good to share knowledge that we've picked up; someone mentioned XP? Didn't XP Pro have a similar option? Although I admit it didn't give you quite as much to play with as the Vista version.

Dazza :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.