iam running a pentium 4.1400. with windows xp home edition with sp1.and all updates.i removed all traces of the program from the registry beforei uninstalled the program.i tryed to use jv16 power tools to remove the program but.i cant get it out of the ad&remove window.i tryed to reinstall the program but a box pops up that says cant install ther is a version of the program already installed.eny help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

iam running a pentium 4.1400. with windows xp home edition with sp1.and all updates.i removed all traces of the program from the registry beforei uninstalled the program.i tryed to use jv16 power tools to remove the program but.i cant get it out of the add &remove window. I tried to reinstall the program but a box pops up that says can't install there is a version of the program already installed.

You did it backwards. You are supposed to do the uninstall first then check the Registry for leftovers. You can use TweakUI to remove the reference to the program. It's part of the XP PowerToys suite, but can be downloaded separately.

thanks for the reply tall cool 1.you are rite i did do it the rong way.ithought i had uninstalled from ad remove programs oops.ok i downloaded and installed tweakui for windows xp.i have been playing with it but cant find enything agout ad remove programs.please a little more help. thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.