On boot up my comp doesn't recognise my 'D' drive. :cry: I have two Hard drives. One of which is partiotioned making the hard drive into two (C,E) The second hard drive is 'D' This has happened before and usually I just reboot the system and all is ok, but not this time. Can you help me to resolve this? I'm using WinXP Pro with 1GB mem, Pent 4.0, 3.0Ghz.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Right-click on My Computer, go to Manage->Disk Management. Does the drive show up at all in the Disk Management window? If so, what information does DM have to offer about the drive (capacity, partition type, etc.)?

I have the same problem, did a reinstallation, only formated the first hard drive & left the second. Now the second is not on the windows directory but on disk management, with the first partition recognised only & the status as healthy(active) is there any way of getting the partitions back or the information inside?

Neither does it have a drive letter assigned.

Hello Hashim ,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk!

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.