OK so here's the problem on my computer i have multiply log ins and on one of these log ins explorer.exe is not loading up how can i make it so i dont have to start it manually everytime i start the computer up

BTW i am running windows xp

P.S. im not all that good with computers so please explain in the most simplest way possible

thanks for all the help =)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This key should be in place to launch explorer.exe at logon. It may be simpler for you if you just copy the text in the box to a notepad [format/wordwrap unchecked] and save as fixkey.reg to your desktop; dclick it to run... agree; if it opens in notepad instead rclick the icon [file], choose Open with, Registry editor....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="Explorer.exe"

Hi

if only one of the log ins is facing the issue then it can be a corrupted profile. What happens with teh other profiles ? If other profiles works fine , create a new profile and transfer the data (eg fovorite,desktop etc)

GOOD LUCK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.