I have a desktop computer that has no wireless internet connection, and a laptop with wireless internet connection. I want to know how I can bridge the connection between my desktop computer to my laptop, so that both can surf the internet. I've heard the bridging the connection works, but when I tried, it didn't work. I'm almost sure that I did something wrong, as I had no idea what i was doing at the time. Both computers are running Win XP right now, if that's any help.

Any help anyone could give would be great!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have a desktop computer that has no wireless internet connection, and a laptop with wireless internet connection. I want to know how I can bridge the connection between my desktop computer to my laptop, so that both can surf the internet. I've heard the bridging the connection works, but when I tried, it didn't work. I'm almost sure that I did something wrong, as I had no idea what i was doing at the time. Both computers are running Win XP right now, if that's any help.

Any help anyone could give would be great!!!!!

not sure if it can be bridged persay,but you should be able to connect it through network cards in the laptop and the tower ,via a crossover cable and share the internet ,do a google.com search for more info .
where does your laptop get it internet from ! maybe you could connect to that modem /router

Thanks guys, but I figured it out.

Thanks guys, but I figured it out.

tell us what you did ,for others who find this thread will know what to do to connect it to a laptop

OKay.

So here's what I did:

I connected my laptop to my gaming computer through it's Ethernet port, then when into Properties on my Wireless Internet Connection and checked Share Internet Connection.

Maybe you can apply the networking strategy so that you can connect the two devices. maybe it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.