I have a Jetway motherboard with a Celeron 1.7 gig chip and onboard video card. We had problems a while ago with the display freezing up. Eventually the screen would not display during the boot process. Right now we are trying to install a new hard drive and install Windows 2000. During the installation process
on the new hard drive it goes through the usual process but when it tries to install the networking tools it gets halfway through and then the display drops out. The small green light on the display starts to flash which tells me that there is no signal. Is this a motherboard problem or a Windows problem. I have tried a separate video card but the same thing occurs. I have a new motherboard if required.

Please help.

David Sims

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is your lan card or modem plugged in when you install windows ?? plug out both and then try again ... may be your cards are not supported by windows 2000.

Is your lan card or modem plugged in when you install windows ?? plug out both and then try again ... may be your cards are not supported by windows 2000.

No LAN or Modem card. I think it's a Motherboard problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.