I had this problem yesterday when my lil sis wanyed to watch a movie and i accodently took out the computers cable when it started it went ro safe mode, start windows normally, and etc. So i tried them all but it reboots back on restarting to the same problem
Please help me
Jr.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

A little more information would help - what OS are you running? Restarting to what same problem?

its windows xp

Its like it goes to the same process of rebooting

You mean it constantly reboots? Have you tried hitting F8 during boot up and choosing "last successful boot" <or whatever the question is>? In safe mode, have you ran Start/Run/msconfig - here are some tips that might help

choco, if all the sys does is restart whatever mode you choose to run Windows in from the choices menu then I am afraid that your only real option is to run a Windows Repair from an XP installation cd. during Setup ignore the first option to repair with the Recovery console, instead hit Enter and follow on to Repair yur chosen OS.
When Windows will not start at all there is no other magic bullet to find and cure the actual problem.

and i accodently took out the computers cable

by cable do you mean the electrical cord !
if so it meant the computer shut down without saving settings ,I have successfully fixed this problem many times by booting to a windows xp cd and choosing "R" for recovery consul, and in there at the prompt type in CHKDSK /F , it F does nothing try it with /R

You can try this
> Press F5 > Hit Last known good configuration.
I think this will help.
Or try going to BIOS and Optimized Defaults. and Restart.

You can try this
> Press F5 > Hit Last known good configuration.
I think this will help.
Or try going to BIOS and Optimized Defaults. and Restart.

quoter from first post !
started it went to safe mode, start windows normally, and etc. So i tried them all ,but !

Ahem....
***In Windows OS:
C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX>chkdsk /?
Checks a disk and displays a status report.
CHKDSK [volume[[path]filename]]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/I] [/C] [/L[:size]]

volume : Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon), mount point, or volume name.
filename : FAT/FAT32 only: Specifies the files to check for fragmentation.
/F Fixes errors on the disk.
/V On FAT/FAT32: Displays the full path and name of every file on the disk. On NTFS: Displays cleanup messages if any.
/R Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information (implies /F).

***In Recovery Console:
chkdsk [drive:] [/p] [/r]

Parameters
Used without parameters, chkdsk displays the status of the disk in the current drive.
drive: Specifies the drive that you want chkdsk to check.
/p Performs an exhaustive check even if the drive is not marked for chkdsk to run. This parameter does not make any changes to the drive.
/r Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. Implies /p.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.