prolem! i have installed a creative sb live pci soundcard and ive tried to insall the software. the gaming port gets stuck on 54% and i cant use 5.1 surrond iam using vista os any ideas. thanks maco1000

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I dont think it is that. Try out Realtek HD sound manager, it might work with that soundcard...

commented: really bad advice, and completely incorrect +0

I dont think it is that. Try out Realtek HD sound manager, it might work with that soundcard...

Um, no it won't. RealTek cards need RealTek drivers - Creative sound-cards need CREATIVE drivers!!

First check to make sure device is properly connected

Go to Creative's DL page and make sure you have the latest drivers, as ones on install disk may be outdated and thus causing the issues

http://support.creative.com/Products/Products.aspx?catid=1

i am using creative sound blaster card 4.1/5.1. i have creative 4.1 m4500 speaker. all the 4 channels are working but in control panel shows that i can use either mono or stereo system. please help me.

I am sure your Creative PCI sound card come with a CD if you bought it brand new. Install the drivers first than only install the rest of the software. You can go to Control Panel > Device manager and see whether there is any yellow exclamation mark. If there is than you may need to install the driver. Hope this help.

i am using creative sound blaster card 4.1/5.1. i have creative 4.1 m4500 speaker. all the 4 channels are working but in control panel shows that i can use either mono or stereo system. please help me.

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Please begin your own thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.