I just switched out my old hard drive and ram from my laptop for an upgrade but now my screen is black. When I power it up the power light comes on and you can hear the drive starting to spin but that as far as it goes. When I insert a disk it will try to read it but then gives up. It does all this while maintaining a black screen PLEASE HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You haven't said anything about what's on the new hard drive for booting/Windows purposes and how it got there.

So I presume the disk you're inserting is a Windows DVD and you want to do a fresah install.

I think we need a lot more info from you as you're in front of the thing and we're relying on what you tell us.

The new hard drive has no boot sector. I do not know how to resolve this.

The new hard drive has no boot sector. I do not know how to resolve this.

Then don't bother replying!

Put the old ram back in and see if it works then.

Put the old ram back in and see if it works then.

I put the old ram and old hard drive back in and i still have the black screen!!!

The next thing to do is plug a monitor in the back and see if you get anything from that.

I pluged it up to a monitor and still nothing? i think i just murdered my laptop. should have took it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Remove the ram and the hard drive and see if it beeps at all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.