On the top, bottom, and right side of the screen the mouse stops like it is supposed agaisnt he screen. But on the right side it goes off the side of the screen indefinently, its very wierd. Never happened before just started today. My mouse can get lost out there, so I have to drag my mouse to the left for like 3 minutes to get it "back on the screen" anyone know whats wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This usually happens if you normally have a second screen attached. When you run on single screen, sometimes Windows still "thinks" it's got an extended monitor. If that's the case, then setting your system to single monitor would solve this.

Or even a third monitor and you're using 2 for your extended desktop. That sort of thing.

That was my first thought, but dismissed as thought he would surely mention if he was running dual-monitor even some of the time, especially given the "Never happened before just started today" comment.

Out of curiosity HellTech, is it happening across the board, or only in/when running specific applications?? Any system or driver updates you can see (in Win Update history) have have been DL'ed and installed today or overnight?

That was my first thought, but dismissed as thought he would surely mention if he was running dual-monitor even some of the time, especially given the "Never happened before just started today" comment.

Out of curiosity HellTech, is it happening across the board, or only in/when running specific applications?? Any system or driver updates you can see (in Win Update history) have have been DL'ed and installed today or overnight?

Easily happens though. Depending on how I close down, if I take the laptop somewher and run it, the extended desktop is still active.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.