sanchopancha 0 Newbie Poster

Dear DaniWeb friends,

I have this Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic 102 Celeron - 2 GB DDR.

I had it with 2 HD's: Drive c:\ Disk 0 <> 80GB WD <> English XP Pro and Drive d:/ Disk 1 <> 40GB SAMSUNG <> Turkish XP PRO, whereby drive d:\ was a clone of c:\.

Now all of the sudden one day, when switched ON the system found no OS. I shut it down and opened the case to check the disks and found nothing wrong but decided to take BOTH HD's out and puting back only disk 0, the active one. Restarted the machine chosing the first line and Windows XP Pro was back there as normal, hence I edited Boot.ini deleting the second line.

In fact, disk 1 (drive d:\) was with 1 pin quartered in height, hence no more the full length and this without any external interference. It was working perfectly well during the last 5 years, being the original FS factory installation disk.

I replaced the damaged SAMSUNG 40gb with a MAXTOR 250gb ATA /133 HDD but I installed Windows on it alone, keeping out the good 80GB HD.

Now I have 2 Disks with primary / system Installatin but I dont know how to edit Boot.ini of the disk I want as a slave. I have the MS article published under Q289022 "How to edit theBoot.ini file in Windows XP" though this doc doesen't cover my case of 2 HD's already with the same active system hence clashing if installed together.

Mind you, I had to install directly Windows on the Maxtor HD, although very noisy unlike the previous 2 vey silent disks, because clooning doesn't clone properly Office Professional 2007, which I would need on both drives, whereby the slave one will be in Turkish for studies!

Possbly my initial decision was the wrong one. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you very much!

cdg

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.