This is with regard to a new installation of Vista (Black Edition)
I just noticed a folder on the desktop that I did not put there. It has my username on it.

But...

I noticed THAT after a security popup (admin permission requested) for an instance of vistalizator.exe to run --- which I canceled. At a quick check I figured the vistalizator had SOMEthing to do with language under vista... ? right? But I'm REAL curious about why there is a folder with my chosen username ON the desktop... posting (or copying SOME of) my recent activity within it. Just documents opened, potential emails... (none there... but still...) folders that were ON my desktop, were within this folder, under my profile name.

I'm still looking for OTHER "activities" that I did not initiate.

and curious as to WHY.

also, I'd been curious about something else.
After leaving the Vista PC on for ... hours, days... whatever.
I'd come back, turn the screen on. And the icons would all be, well, the screen resolution would be re-set to 800x600 is what it is. I set it to 1024x768 as my favorite. I've wondered about THAT too. ... really.

This isn't a case of someone remotely accessing this vista installation is it??? I mean, I'm not terribly overly concerned about it ... not all up-in-arms but I'm just wondering if it's stuff that vista does AUTOMATICALLY? or if it IS a case of remote access. I'm new to using vista so... just wondering.

This isn't a case of someone remotely accessing this vista installation is it??? I mean, I'm not terribly overly concerned about it ... not all up-in-arms but I'm just wondering if it's stuff that vista does AUTOMATICALLY? or if it IS a case of remote access. I'm new to using vista so... just wondering.

i bought my laptop from germany and Language of my OS windows vista home premium was German, I used Vistalizator after that after every week my windows do update automatically and then restart the laptop. although i off the windows update option.

I thing vistalizator provides remote access surely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.