I have a WinFast TV2000 xp tv card in my computer.I installed all the drivers and I put audio output from the tv card to sound card line in, but there is no sound when I try to watch tv or when I record!!

In configurations,my Audio device is C-Media Wave Device.I chose Line in for the Audio-out control line and also for Audio recording line.

Can anybody please help me,I really don't know what to do now....

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

have you plugged in the connections securely? could be a faulty card or a faulty wire? if the connections are ok try another wire. if still not a lot of joy may be a dodgy card.

also try looking to see if there are any conflicts.

I have a WinFast TV2000 xp tv card in my computer.I installed all the drivers and I put audio output from the tv card to sound card line in, but there is no sound when I try to watch tv or when I record!!

In configurations,my Audio device is C-Media Wave Device.I chose Line in for the Audio-out control line and also for Audio recording line.

Did you find a solution to this?
I have a similar problem. I have my C-Media card cofigured for four speakers, and the TV Tuner is the only thing that will come out of the main speakers.Everything else will only come out the rear speakers. I can't record audio from the Tuner card either.
I've tried reversing the internal audio cable (Turning the plugs 180º) but that hasn't changed anything.

as stated before it sounds likely to be a conflict of drivers. in your case gumbyk i would definately say that seeing as you seem to have ruled out the possiblility of it being the cable. are you running on windows or mac guys? if windows check the device in the device manager. any excalmation marks means a problem. this problem will be indicated and you will be given the opportunity to troubleshoot. it may be worth looking at assigning another IRQ address as this is usually the cause of conflicts between devices. conflicts will mean that the product/device will either not function at all or will function sporadically and components wont work. try and let me know how you get on.

Yes, it was a conflict of drivers.
Here's what I did;
uninstalled the TV card - no change to the audio problems.
uninstalled the audio card drivers.
re-installed the TV card
reinstalled the Sound card.
Problem seems to have been fixed.

As an aside, I have had a few problems with my C-media sound card drivers (AC97). First it was causing windows to reboot, and now this.

great stuff. at least all is now sorted. not sure why though a sound card would cause windows to reboot, unless there was a conflict between that driver and a driver in windows. as i will be forever saying 'if a device doesnt work check the device manager first'. this will more often then not indicate where your problem lies.

The device manager didn't show any problems, and didn't show any probs this time either. it wasn't until I got a crash course in windows XP and read the BSOD , and worked out that the file crashing was an audio driver file. Anyway, all sorted now.

The device manager didn't show any problems, and didn't show any probs this time either. it wasn't until I got a crash course in windows XP and read the BSOD , and worked out that the file crashing was an audio driver file. Anyway, all sorted now.

oh well. still all sorted which is good.

I am having the same problem with a similar setup. I'm using a KWorld TV Terminator tv card and my audio device is C-Media AC97 Audio Device.

It's set up the same way -- with the audio output form the tv card to the line-in. I'm having the same issue with audio during tv watching and recording.

I tried what you did with the drivers -- I uninstalled them both, reinstalled the tv drivers, then reinstalled the cmedia drivers, and the problem hasn't changed at all.

Any suggestions?

U do not need to put the cable into tuner card's line in..I'm having the same Card..
You just insert the video cable. and give a connection from the audio output of the tuner card to your sound car'd line in.

You better check your sound settings.Is your recording option changed to line in??

Hi all,

I'm also using TV Terminator from Kworld.
Although my Audio is HD, motherboard built-in.
My problem is that I cannot control the sound using the remote.
All other remote functions are ok.
Any insights? Where can I possibly get an update driver?
Kworld website seems to be not working.

Thanks in advance.

Olivware

Guys please i have the same problem my recording doesnt have sound although my audio plays well when i play tv, please help

Guys please i have the same problem my recording doesnt have sound although my audio plays well when i play tv, please help

did you find a solution? I am having the same problem.

did you find a solution? I am having the same problem.

Nevermind. I just changed the Audio-Out Control Line and the Audio Recording Line to Aux.

my volume was working fine until I reinstalled XP. After installing all other drivers I downloaded the new WinFast TV2000 xp software and tried installing. My pc crashed every time. Then I tried a different PCI slot and it didn't crash, but I had no volume. I uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers and still no volume. After reading these posts I downloaded the latest audio driver for realtek. It did the trick. Before, I couldn't get the cd audio option from the drop down menu in the configuration. After installing the lastest audio driver the option appeared and the volume is back.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

gshaw99, which driver did u install?
I have the same problem (no "cd audio" option in drop-down menu). I downloaded some drivers from leadtek site, but they didn't solve problem.
Do U remember what was the exact link?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.