Hi i have windows xp pro and when i go onto enable hibernation i get a nice little message saying "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" i tried to run it in safemode except hybernation is not enabled so it is not there and i dont know which process is currently using it, please can somebody help me, thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If the 3D Flowerbox, 3D Flying Objects, 3D Pipes, 3D Text, or another Direct3D-based screen saver is running in Windows XP, the computer may be unable to enter standby or hibernation by using the timer in Power Management properties

Download this link to resolve the issue.

Pressing shutdown and then when the menu appears (not classic) pressing shift enables hibernate (if hibernate is enabled) instead of stand by.

the download doesnt seem to like sp1 or sp2 as it said failed due to newer version, does this mean i may aswell just forgfet bout hybernation?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.