hi helper,
my XP PC has 1 GB ram, but slowed down.
i removed startup programs, i'm opening ram.vbs file on desktop often,
there is no virus in pc, antivirus is updated, emptied temp and recycle bin,
removed some useless services ......did everything i can do
but its still slow.....no other processes running.
what may be the problem n what could i do?

thanks ,
beanboy

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

How about giving your registry a fix?

How old is your PC? What's the speed of your CPU? RAM isn't the only thing that can restrict the speed of a computer.

Perhaps you have 1GB of RAM installed but maybe there is a short or something in your RAM modules. Verify that your pc is recognizing 1GB at start up or in Control Panel/System. If everything is showing 1GB as it should then try to clean up your registry with a free program like Glary Utilities. The one click maintenance option should fix you up but you can also use individual modules within Glary like the Registry Defragmentor, Start up manager, etc

Run HijackThis and see what is starting that you don't know about

Hi there,

I can offer a direct solution to this.
Reformst the computer. If its still the same its defintely HW.

So far you did everything you can on the software side.

Hi..... I read your post and as per that i would suggest you if there is problem in Ram or as per that may be some module contents are not visible also from there some changes may be required in Bios.... just check out all stuff.... may be ram problem so would take some action or call any hardware expert so may help you......

Hi..... I read your post and as per that i would suggest you if there is problem in Ram or as per that may be some module contents are not visible also from there some changes may be required in Bios.... just check out all stuff.... may be ram problem so would take some action or call any hardware expert so may help you......

Hi johnswhite, you have been very helpful to this poster..."Just check out all stuff" is a very good way to tell the poster what to do and how to do it. "Call any hardware expert" makes his posting here so worthwhile.
If you want to post to an article, have something to say that may help, not "Just check out all stuff". If he knew how to "Check out all stuff" he would not be asking for help here on how to "Just Check out all stuff".

Use a program called Ccleaner and do a clean of your computer, also do a regristry fix, the program also has that functionallity... See if there is any improvement, if not try snooping round Msconfig if you havn't already. If worst comes to worse re-format your computer, what is your CPU speed?

- Bond

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.