Hi all,
It is strange that I cannot Update Adware (Free anniversary edition), Malwarebytes, or even spyware doctor trial. I have existed my comodo firewall and event turn off windows firewall. I don't know what is happening as I have tried Spyboat SD and it updates fine!

Any help appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Also explorer take loong eons to open.
I wonder if there is secret invasion here!

I'm asuming that is Ad-Aware not "adware", but anyhow lol.

Am assuming given history here have checked Hosts file and run MBA-M/HJT??

NB: not being condescending, but jst want to make sure we're on the same page... btw, what OS and SKU (OS build) you running??

Some apps work in Safe Mode. Restart in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it works. TO start in SMWN, power the system up and at the BIOS sign on screen, tap F8 until you get to the Windows Advanced Options Menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking and go from there. If they update fine in Safe Mode, It's probably a firewall issue.

Some apps work in Safe Mode. Restart in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it works. TO start in SMWN, power the system up and at the BIOS sign on screen, tap F8 until you get to the Windows Advanced Options Menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking and go from there. If they update fine in Safe Mode, It's probably a firewall issue.

I will try that. So far I'm far from my LTop.
I use Vista SP1. It is Ad-aware and not Adware. Just a typo :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.