I bet nobody will be able to help, guaranteed.
Here is my situation:, My wife has an averatec 4100 series laptop(discontinued)but it's running fine, no troubles what so ever, fast and efficient. Updated all the driver thru manufacturers(cause Averatec inc. are not given support what so ever, but The Laptop is completely updated and upgraded to the max, all windows xp updates, Direct X 9c, I mean the hole thing. Video card: SIS M760 Mirage Graphics 128mb, 2Gb ddr ram memory. She downloaded Safari 4, and guest what? the Top Sites option which is supposed to be next to the bookmark button never got installed, look and try everything to no avail, please could somebody help me how to fix or find a way to make it work, I installed and reinstalled safari 4 4x times already, scan for malware and the hole shabam, and nothing works, help....

here is an image of the safari problem:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6997/safari43.jpg

Thanks a million Humans.
Mike G.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I thought So.

The problem with those features is they don't work on older computers. You need to have a newer and more powerful video card to be able to use them. If your computer doesn't meet the requirements, the buttons you need to use the features will not appear.
Your graphics card may not be compatible.
Supported cards are ATI, Intel and nVidia.
Hope this helps

Don

i just installed safari on my compaq v2000 ,over 3 yrs old with ati radeon 200m video device and its there and works for me,
a workaround for you might be to go to the toolbar to the far right top ,click on the icon that looks like a cough wheel and go to customize toolbar and drag the top site icon onto the tool bar, drop it on the very top of the toolbar next to the wheel icon

I did all that, I have a Toshiba Laptop and it works fine on mine, and that is the way I costumize my toolbar, Drag and drop. But it just won't work on my wifes averatec,( which is 3 years old, 128mb of video card, but its a SIS video card, it may not support Open GL. I was just hoping that somebody maybe knew a trick or a hack in order for it work.
Thanks anyways.

The problem with those features is they don't work on older computers. You need to have a newer and more powerful video card to be able to use them. If your computer doesn't meet the requirements, the buttons you need to use the features will not appear.
Your graphics card may not be compatible.
Supported cards are ATI, Intel and nVidia.
Hope this helps

Don

That's what I thought, I was just hoping maybe somebody knew a trick or a hack in order for it to work. the video card is a SiS and it doesn't support open GL. Thanks for the help.

Mike G.

I fixed it myself, once more, damn I'm good.

I fixed it myself, once more, damn I'm good.

Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Would you be so kind as to share your fix, so as to help others that may happen upon the same issue.

Regards,

Don

Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Would you be so kind as to share your fix, so as to help others that may happen upon the same issue.

Regards,

Don

Windows 7, installed it and boom forget windows xp.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.