Ok this is strange andI'm not sure how this happens but here goes...

I got an email in my hotmail account that when I click on to open flashes a black screen up really quickly (I managed to read the words 'remove' and 'disable') & makes my PC restart. Hotmail support is of no use (suprise surprise!) but I want to know what the heck is this thing?
My firewall shows no new or unusual connections & my virus scanner comes up clean.... anyone know what this is?

Ta!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I got an email in my hotmail account that when I click on to open flashes a black screen up really quickly (I managed to read the words 'remove' and 'disable') & makes my PC restart. Hotmail support is of no use (suprise surprise!) but I want to know what the heck is this thing?
My firewall shows no new or unusual connections & my virus scanner comes up clean.... anyone know what this is?

It sounds like a scripting error to me. The Java Virtual Machine in Windows is broken and full of bugs, so go to my best-of-breed free software page and download the real Java software straight from Sun.

Thanks for the help!

I changed to setting to get the 'blue screen (XP)' and got a message about IRQL not less or equal (whatever that means!). But everything seems to be ok, my main concern was that this was some sort of attempt to get into my system but after running virus scans, trojan scans, adaware etc etc and everything coming up clean, I think I'm ok!

Thanks a bunch!

Ta!

I finally fixed this issue... I posted the fix on my bulletin board at

http://204.96.180.26/novell/YaBB.pl?num=1227559810/0#0

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Sam

Hotmail has had alot of JS errors over the years... (I remember when i used to get white screens (Bad coding))

Thanx for that link,nice looking site!!

Welcome to daniweb :)

May be this is a rootkit problem.try a scan from avg internet security

Hey can anybody help me ok last week i could get onto hotmail ebay and facebook but this week all it does is say for hotmail (done) with time out , facebook comes up with just writing and nothing else no pics like normal, ebay all i get again is timed out i have unistalled mozilla and avg and then re-installed them still every thing the same . So can anyone help

Hey can anybody help me ok last week i could get onto hotmail ebay and facebook but this week all it does is say for hotmail (done) with time out , facebook comes up with just writing and nothing else no pics like normal, ebay all i get again is timed out i have unistalled mozilla and avg and then re-installed them still every thing the same . So can anyone help

Lisa, have you tried this: http://support.csilogan.com/novell/YaBB.pl?num=1227559810

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.