Hey guys,

I'm new with computers and don't know alot, I recently bought a copy on windows XP Home to upgrade my PC with. I installed it but I never deleted windows 2000. Now when I boot up I get the option of which OS I would like to use.

I have tried to reformat the harddrive agian but I get this note,

"Setup is unable to perform the requested operation on the selected Partiton, This Partition contains temporary setup files that are required to complete the installation"

And I've also tried to format in DOS, but after it says are you sure you want to format and I say yes nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appricated. If anyone could maybe help guide me via MSN (I have two PC's) that would be great.

My e-mail addy <<email deleted by mod>>
Thanks agian!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First of all I have deleted your email address bcuz the policy of the site admin doesnot allow to post email addresses in any posts.

Now with your problem .... are you booting from cd ?? if you're not .. then boot from cd and format the drive before setting up windows ... you can do so by first deleting the partition and then recreating it ... and then formatting it .... the setup process will guide you through all the process.

First of all I have deleted your email address bcuz the policy of the site admin doesnot allow to post email addresses in any posts.

Now with your problem .... are you booting from cd ?? if you're not .. then boot from cd and format the drive before setting up windows ... you can do so by first deleting the partition and then recreating it ... and then formatting it .... the setup process will guide you through all the process.

Yes, This is booting from the cd. When I try to delete the Partition I get the msg that I posted in my first post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.