Hello friends

I am very thankfull to jbennet & MrV for there help & guidence....finally i got my work done....

now i have one question....now in my network there are Win server 2003 & linux server ok......3 to 4 diskles PC when client start...assume that both the servers are on....and they both try to give IP address to the client.....my question is that can client have an option to select the IP address provider or option to boot from which server either from windows or Linux......any help regarding this......

thank u

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There can only be one boot server on a network if you are using PXE (as there should only be a single DHCP Serve, which in turn only has defined the IP for one TFTP server)

Ok assume that i keep windows server 2003 for PXE booting what to do to run linux OS.....or i keep linux as server for pxe booting what to do to run windows OS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.