I was in a rush to close this morning and some how inadvertently moved the toolbar from the bottom horizontally, to the right hand side vertically. The start botton is at the top right corner, while the clock and icons are at the bottom right with nothing in between. I can click and drag the left hand edge about half way to the middle of the screen and back, but I can't move the toolbar down. At this point I'm a lost ball in high weeds and could use some help, snikering aside. :o

No worries, im not laughing ; )
where you clicked to drag the toolbar and make it bigger, go back there again. but a little bit further to the right so your mouse cursor looks like the normal arrow. from here click and drag the toolbar to where you want it again, ie, down the bottom, then release the mouse button. you will find you can move the toolbar to the top or left of screen as well at your leisure using the same method

That was weird, I clicked the cusor in the upper right hand corner, and the toolbar went horizontal, I then followed your instructions to lower it into place. Thanks charlieB, I wish all my problems were this trivial.

That was weird, I clicked the cusor in the upper right hand corner, and the toolbar went horizontal, I then followed your instructions to lower it into place. Thanks charlieB, I wish all my problems were this trivial.

There's one small problem, the icons on the left side next of the start button have disapeared.

right hand click somewhere on the start bar (maybe where you clicked to move it back again?) and a menu will appear. somewhere in the menu is a think called toolbars. follow that and make sure that quick launch has a tick next to it. you can click on it to turn it on and off. that should get those missing icons back again

found it , and did it...all's back to normal, or as close as I'm ever going to be. Thanks...dcc

too easy ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.