I recently installed a new Asus P4T motherboard and pentium 2.66 ghz processor. Now, when I go to shut down my computer through windows xp, the computer shuts down, the monitor stops detecting a signal, but the fans on the motherboard do not power off and i can't be sure, but it seems that the cd drives do not power off either. How can I make everything power down when i shut down through windows xp? thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

very weird problem.... sounds like you went into standby or sleep mode or sumthing odd >.< has it always done this:? have you viisted the manufactures site for bios updates?

Yes, I have updated the bios to the most current version, and no, it just started doing this when I installed the new motherboard and processor. I was wondering if i could have installed the mb wrong or something (i'm pretty sure i did everything right). you are right, though, it does sound like maybe standby mode. any suggestions at all would be helpful. thank you for your help, faranth.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.