i was current developing a software and i like to use odbc in conecting to my database but im having trouble of what version of mySql ODBC connection is compatible with windows 7 or is their any compatibility issue with this software...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not sure this will be of any help (its been a long time since I worked with ODBC) but if you can't find a Win 7 specific version you should get away with using the vista compatible version.

Hello j26rhen,

Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support

i was current developing a software and i like to use odbc in conecting to my database but im having trouble of what version of mySql ODBC connection is compatible with windows 7 or is their any compatibility issue with this software...

Also, I would expect that it makes a big difference if your talking 64bit Win7 or 32 bit Win 7. I would expect ODBC stuff to work fine in 32bit, but I would not expect it to work in 64bit. I used to use ODBC methods under both XP and Vista environments without and issue, so I would expect it would work fine in Win 7; as long as all machines involved are running 32 bit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.