My Computer kept freezing, I just have a hard drive failure 1 week ago, so I changed to a new Hard drive Seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200 32 MB. But then problem still persist, So I thought Power Supply is wrong, because I also added 2 GB DDR2 Memory RAM of the same type as the other 2 GB DDR2 memory RAM so I have 4 x 1GB DDR2 memory Ram Corsair now, they are all the same brand. But even until now My computer are still freezing up, especially when something really heavy is going on in the computer, like when the computer is using 70- 90 % of the computer to do something. My other spec is P5NE-SLI, NVIDIA GeFORCE 9600 GSO 768 MB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT 256 MB, Processor Intel Core DUO 3.0 GHZ. I changed from Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 and still no luck, I dont need to kept wasting my money If I know the source, so please help thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I did change the power supply too, I forgot to say that as well

try to defrag the hard disk.

I did that too. I suspect there is something else that is going on in the hardware, definitely not hard drive cause its brand new, and power supply that I bought is still new and 100 W higher than the one before. might be the 2x 1 GB new memory Ram that I put, but I am using 64 bit Windows so it shouldn't be a problem, I'm really pissed this has going on for a week and I cant figure out whats wrong, yesterday I was suspecting net Framework is the problem too. but now I am lost I dont know what's wrong anymore.... even new installation of Windows 7 still not fixing it

I even reformat my hard drive once again too

maybe heat build up ,leave side of the tower and see how it runs .
check video card fan and cpu fan
check hardware with hwmonitor ,free and good program.
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

maybe heat build up ,leave side of the tower and see how it runs .
check video card fan and cpu fan
check hardware with hwmonitor ,free and good program.
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

right now I'm running chkdsk to see if the new hard drive is crazy as well...
but I ve left the tower open, its not heat problem cause all fans are working and I have bunches of them running in the computer.

but I will check hwmonitor as soon as chkdsk done

this could be the problem i think,not positive but don't you need two the same cards when using sli.
My other spec is P5NE-SLI, NVIDIA GeFORCE 9600 GSO 768 MB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT 256 MB

this could be the problem i think,not positive but don't you need two the same cards when using sli.
My other spec is P5NE-SLI, NVIDIA GeFORCE 9600 GSO 768 MB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT 256 MB

I have been using that for over 1 year, i wasnt a problem, umm I am using the other card for another monitor and another one for another, so I dont think it links to each other as a real SLI but I might be wrong.

so now I know the problem is, and that would be memory ram settings in BIOS
Can someone give me BIOS Settings for 4x1GB CORSAIR 6400C4

well problem solved I changed BIOS settings, increasing the memory Voltage to 2.2 V and it works and some other settings that I did

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.