I was reasearching on how to customize your desktop and came across this place www.themexp.org there you can download already made or make your own xp theme I spent today fully customizng my pc from the log on screen, the the welcoming music,my folders and my desktop were also fully customized.

check this out :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

f575gtc, nice screen shots. I really like the one on the left. Now I am not much of a window user, but how hard is it to change to a look like that?
And please don't laugh at me. :D
I tried going to that web site, but it would not load for me, maybe because I was using firebird? Guess I will have to try it next time I load up XP.

I tried going to that web site, but it would not load for me, maybe because I was using firebird?

twilli227,

I don't think it is because you are using firebird, I just tried and the site is down for mew too and I used firebird then tried IE just in case ;) Also you can find another site here that deals in windows XP themes.

TweakXP primarily offers skins for the TGTSoft StyleXP program. WinCustomize primarily offers skins for the StarDock Object Desktop program. It depends which skinning program you purchase for your XP.

yeah cscgal is right I just downloaded stylexp and that program lets you automaticly edit your logonscreen and themes,even your boot screen (when it says windows pro or home) but thats not recommended it can screw up your pc.

As for difficulty if you can read and click buttons then you can do it, stylexp is a fully automated program where you uplaod the theme or logon screen to stylexp and then click apply and it does the rest.

As for the site not working I think its down right now I tried going to it agin and it wouldnt let me, keep trying till you get through.

And im glady you like at least one , and umm just incase your wondering the 350Z is a car I bought in summer 2003 and I love it, so yeah im obssesed with it.

links not work safe (has a bikini clad woman as my background)

this is my customized desktop. from top to bottom is a style xp theme from themexp. the style is silver. on the right hand side is a ms powertool for desktop switching. on the bottom right is coolmon from arsware.org

You can get by using the msstyles and themes you download from just about anywhere using the uxtheme.dll patch from www.belchfire.net. No need to pay $20 for software that patching a file will let you do for free. :rolleyes:

Themes are there too.

$20?
i downloaded it for free

$20?
i downloaded it for free

yea anybody can "download" it for free, but using it after a while will cost you $$$ unless well...you know.

here's my d-top

but all u need to do is pick a theme u like and set it then remove themeXP from your pc u dont need it anymore

but all u need to do is pick a theme u like and set it then remove themeXP from your pc u dont need it anymore

What if you want to change that theme in about 30 days?

You won't be able to install StyleXP again without buying a license.

Just use the uxtheme.dll patch I linked to above. No extraneous software needed.

I was reasearching on how to customize your desktop and came across this place www.themexp.org there you can download already made or make your own xp theme I spent today fully customizng my pc from the log on screen, the the welcoming music,my folders and my desktop were also fully customized.

check this out :cool:

nice 1 m8

al giv it a go :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.