Please can someone help in very easy to understand way? I am helping a man of 74 to use a computer for the first time.He has all ready got his dsl modem/router from telecom+ a zyxel prestige 600.And it will only run on microsoft windows.so can some one tell me how to reformat the hardrive.(take off linux)
This will enable me to put my old windows 98 on his computer and get him on line.I got the computer for him from a car boot sale it was loaded with linux,it works very well and has 512 of ram and 40 gb hardrive for the cost of £30,
he is semi house bound I think that this computer will open a whole new world for him. so I hope someone can help.
Regards
Graham

Hi Graham,

If possible it would be best to get him on WinXP or 2000, as 98 will offer a load of security issues.. but thats just my two cents :)

If you pop in your win98 start disk you should be able to use fdisk to remove the non windows paritions :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.