My friends computer is messed up. Everything is real gigantic... and you cannot open anything.. I thought to change the screen resolution but you can do that cuz you cant find it. whats wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

a little more info please .can you get into control panel and display and change settings there !! it could be lost video drivers ,it could be a virus

Cant do anything cuz everything is to big man.. If there was something we could do, I would let you know.. but cant. It is a sony computer with a pentium 3.. windows 98..

try booting up in Safe mode .hit f8 or f5 when booting computer

are the graphics really blocky? If it is, then your resolution is too low (once upon a time I managed to get windows running at 320x240), otherwise I think you have the font size set to large (you can change it in the system tab of the display properties dialog, try booting to safe mode to get to it)

He is not using accesibilty options is he? Your friend that is? Because a particular key stroke or mouse click could have induced the magnifier ability?

My friends computer is messed up. Everything is real gigantic... and you cannot open anything.. I thought to change the screen resolution but you can do that cuz you cant find it. whats wrong?

hi

my daughter had the same problem and it was the direct x driver was corrupted.
try going to start ,run type in DxDiag. they test your drivers to see if thats the problem. good luck

Driver or card went bad, hope it's not onboard.

Driver or card went bad, hope it's not onboard.

if it is onboard all you would do is put a PCI video card in ,if there is no AGP slot ,disable the onboard ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.