hey guys so i got a problem..........i dont know if i got a virus or what but every time i even begin to open a program that annoying windows installer box comes up and "prepares to download" it does it like its a popup u cant get rid of.....can some one please tell me what to do or find out where that file is located so i can just delete it!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hey guys so i got a problem..........i dont know if i got a virus or what but every time i even begin to open a program that annoying windows installer box comes up and "prepares to download" it does it like its a popup u cant get rid of.....can some one please tell me what to do or find out where that file is located so i can just delete it!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

are you opening a microsoft program? if so some programs from microsoft need to run its automatic installer and download some things, or is this the first time it's ever happened and youve opened these other programs before?

- Dave

I think you have some form of the W32 worm. Same thing happened on the comp I worked on the other day. Some installer window would pop up for a brief second then go away.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.