I hope my title says it all. I can't show you the jpg error, because the size is too large to upload (3 MB). The mix of Firefox, Windows 7, Zonealarm. I am researching Firefox in a Firefox forum. All I know is the Combo of the same Firefox, no Zonealarm, & Windows XP, it does work. I have consulted Zonealarm technical support & taken all their suggestions without compromising Browser security. The error says "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the Protocol (JavaScript) isn't associated with any program.":'(

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb, Now check Firefox settings go-tools-options-content-make sure enable javascript is checked. then check settings in Zonealarm some fire walls treat javascript as a pop up and require permissions to allow activity by java. By the way Windows-7 has a very good firewall. Later---

Welcome to DaniWeb, Now check Firefox settings go-tools-options-content-make sure enable javascript is checked. then check settings in Zonealarm some fire walls treat javascript as a pop up and require permissions to allow activity by java. By the way Windows-7 has a very good firewall. Later---

Thanks for your reply. I put Zonealarm on because Grc.com says original firewall is insufficient, site is insecure. I will try what you said...currently I am volunteering at a non-profit. I thought I had enabled Java runtime to the fullest in Zonealarm as Most Trusted, but I can turn it off or uninstall it. I'll try temporarily turning it off. If that works, I will take it up with Zonealarm technical support.

Thanks for your reply. I put Zonealarm on because Grc.com says original firewall is insufficient, site is insecure. I will try what you said...currently I am volunteering at a non-profit. I thought I had enabled Java runtime to the fullest in Zonealarm as Most Trusted, but I can turn it off or uninstall it. I'll try temporarily turning it off. If that works, I will take it up with Zonealarm technical support.

Yes, it's solved, but not by any suggestions in this forum (or the Mozillazine forum). I did several things to the system including disconnecting all security, running Firefox in Safe Mode, etc., all to no avail. It is now working. I think but am not sure that it came back to life by restoring over the profile a Mozbackup derived from another working copy from the office where I volunteer. On my part, I just praise the Lord! One question to whoever controls these forums was how did this get closed without any notice to me? I would appreciate any replies to this question. Thank you for your time.

The title says it all! Javascript works in IE8, not in Firefox 3.6.3. If IE8 weren't such a pain I would switch to it. Mostly, same environment: Windows 7, Firefox, Zonealarm, Symantec Endpoint AntiVirus & Spy-ware detector. I'm open to suggestions.

I hope my title says it all. I can't show you the jpg error, because the size is too large to upload (3 MB). The mix of Firefox, Windows 7, Zonealarm. I am researching Firefox in a Firefox forum. All I know is the Combo of the same Firefox, no Zonealarm, & Windows XP, it does work. I have consulted Zonealarm technical support & taken all their suggestions without compromising Browser security. The error says "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the Protocol (JavaScript) isn't associated with any program.":'(

My last fix seems to have solved it, Praise the Lord! I completely blew away Firefox using RevoUninstaller (which destroys registry & the old Firefox profile) Reinstalled Firefox, all the previous extensions, & setup it all, and then it worked! Is there any way, I can close this thread no:)w?

My last fix seems to have solved it, Praise the Lord! I completely blew away Firefox using RevoUninstaller (which destroys registry & the old Firefox profile) Reinstalled Firefox, all the previous extensions, & setup it all, and then it worked! Is there any way, I can close this thread now? :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.