WIN $ 50 - CHALLENGE TO TECHIES

Respected computer techies and dear friends,

I am confronted with a baffling problem and it appears that only a computer guru can solve it with his knowledge, expereience and skills.

Here goes the problem:

I have one SATA seagate HDD 160 GB having three partitions C; D and E.

Basically this HDD has ONLY SAP installed on it...an ERP package which uses Oracle database.

Out of 160 GB HDD space; only 60 GB is being used by SAP program.

I WANT TO CREATE DRIVE IMAGE OR AN EXACT COPY OF THE ABOVE IN ANOTHER HARD DISK of 80 GB.

I know that I can crearte drive image with 160 GB of another HDD.

BUT my q is that is there any way in which i can create an exact copy of SAP system which has occupied 60 GB out of 160 GB ON
ANOTHER HDD of 80 GB....?????????????????????????????

I know this is a very complicated question but then i would love to hear the opinion of the techies; geeks and nerds...

ALSO the person whose solution will be finally accepted will be rewarded with a $ 25 transfer from my paypal account to his account. This is just a token of appreciation and respect for his skills and knowledge. In case someone comes with an exceptionally brilliant idea the reward will be enhanced to $ 50.

Awaiting gurus to come forward and test their brains and help me resolve my problem as well.

Regards

sunando

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

sunandoghosh,

We're a FREE help forum-- we don't charge for the help we provide.

Moving to the Windows 2000/XP/2003 forum; it's probably more appropriate for your query.

any one having any solution....

(the reward part is bcz I am from India and cannot withdraw money from paypal but can make payment through it...thats why...)

You can use Norton Ghost to backup the 180GB HD and restore it to the 80GB HD. Maybe PowerQuest DriveImage can do the same, but I've no experience with that product.

And yes, I know it works as I've done it before with Norton Ghost ;)

any freeware product in that category which is comparable to norton ghost...

or next best alternative... :?:

Well, you could try the SystemRescueCD. Although it's Linux based, it contains tools to copy the partition.

If you're less adventurous you can try BootIt (I believe the trail is a fully working product, at least it just to be)

You can take backup of the desired part of hard disk using :

1> Norton Ghost
2> BackUp MyPC
3> Nero
4> Can also use a Pocketec to backup drive also

Depending on which verision of Microsoft you have you can make the drive Dynmic and then you could click add mirror so it will be added to a second Hard drive.

If I am wrong I am sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.