I'm in desperate need of help. Last night, I was using a card making program, that obviously requires a CD to run. After I was done, my brother tried to play one of his games, but when he put the CD in, it wouldn't recognize it. If I go to My Computer, all it shows are my hard drives and such, but not my CDRW drive or my DVD drive. I went to the device manager, and when i click on the properties for the drives, it says under the status bar:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? My CD drive is completely unusable. Thanks for any help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you restarted the computer

yes. Ive restarted the computer. ive also tried uninstalling the devices from the device manager screen, and then restarting so it would recognize them again. but it did not work

I'm in desperate need of help. Last night, I was using a card making program, that obviously requires a CD to run. After I was done, my brother tried to play one of his games, but when he put the CD in, it wouldn't recognize it. If I go to My Computer, all it shows are my hard drives and such, but not my CDRW drive or my DVD drive. I went to the device manager, and when i click on the properties for the drives, it says under the status bar:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? My CD drive is completely unusable. Thanks for any help

i have the same problem, has anyone helped you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.