can anyone shed any light on this everytime i start up messenger i get a firewall warning udp packet from remote computer 64.4.12.201:7001 is trying to access your computer i blocked this and ticked always block this and this happens everytime i start messenger i have scannned for viruses using three different scanners and also for trojans using the cleaner and also a online one from pest control and also checked for spyware using adaware6 prof and all comes up clean i am running messenger plus but i never had any problems before with thiswindows messenger is removed ffrom the sys normaly i dont get anything get past the router firewall gibson research sheilds up reports that all my ports are stealth but it reported that me computer responded to a ping request does anyone know how to drop this in my norton personal firewall i did at one time set up a ftp site using cute ftp but this has been uninstalled and the virtual server settings in the router and ports that was opened are now closed but it seeemed to be happening from that point on

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi, I think you are behind firewall and MSN talks using the port you have speicifed. I hope you trust that IP and you will not get the message again.

can anyone shed any light on this everytime i start up messenger i get a firewall warning udp packet from remote computer 64.4.12.201:7001 is trying to access your computer i blocked this and ticked always block this and this happens everytime i start messenger i have scannned for viruses using three different scanners and also for trojans using the cleaner and also a online one from pest control and also checked for spyware using adaware6 prof and all comes up clean i am running messenger plus but i never had any problems before with thiswindows messenger is removed ffrom the sys normaly i dont get anything get past the router firewall gibson research sheilds up reports that all my ports are stealth but it reported that me computer responded to a ping request does anyone know how to drop this in my norton personal firewall i did at one time set up a ftp site using cute ftp but this has been uninstalled and the virtual server settings in the router and ports that was opened are now closed but it seeemed to be happening from that point on

Hm, im honestly not sure on this one, what operating system are you running?

operating sys is windows xp pro service pack 1 and if messenger is using that port and i block it something wouldnt work but its fine i can send files and recieve use the web cam everything is fine so it cant be that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.