Ok I just bought a new Nvidia GT 240 made by PNY, and I can't get it to display anything on my screen with hdmi or dvi. I get no signal with it at all. The fan runs on the graphics card when I turn my computer on and I only have 1 monitor. How do I get it to display something on my screen?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi
I do not understand you mean by good so possible one question Is the screen with the beginning boot device is working or not If it works, this means that the graphics card you have that displays the highest of the capacity of the screen that is, for example, the ability of the screen the maximum 800 * 600 and leave the screen displays 1280 * 800, which cause not display images
And that was something else, please clarified

hi
I do not understand you mean by good so possible one question Is the screen with the beginning boot device is working or not If it works, this means that the graphics card you have that displays the highest of the capacity of the screen that is, for example, the ability of the screen the maximum 800 * 600 and leave the screen displays 1280 * 800, which cause not display images
And that was something else, please clarified

What? I mean that the graphics card looks like it's working because it is running, but my screen is black and says no signal.

Hello,

Have you recently upgraded the graphics card?
Do you have any on-board graphics or another graphics card to try?
Have you got the power connected to the graphics card (if required)?

- Let us know how it goes

Ok I just bought a new Nvidia GT 240 made by PNY, and I can't get it to display anything on my screen with hdmi or dvi. I get no signal with it at all. The fan runs on the graphics card when I turn my computer on and I only have 1 monitor. How do I get it to display something on my screen?

Do you know how many watts your power supply is...it may not be enough to support the new 240 vid card. (450/500w?) (what brand too, some arent quite what they say)(original/OEM?)

What he was saying about the 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 ...etc... is that if you have an old CRT (tube) monitor, it may not be able to display a high resolution image...such as 1360 x 768 and if that is what the new vid card is putting out...the monitor will appear black. Did you uninstall old video drivers before inserting this 240? Look around in the add/remove programs (control panel) for any ATI or Nvidia programs before you put it in. Then insert it.

i have the same problem too. and i try to uninstall old viedeo drivers before i insert the 240..but still...no signal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.