When a program doesn't let me uninstall it, what do i do? it won't let me repair the installation either, no system restore, it's nokia pc suite

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Try reinstalling the program and then do the uninstall. If that doesnt work then try installing it again and doing the Add/Remove Programs. If that doesn't work then you'll have to manually uninstall it by deleting the actual files (Ex. C:Programs/Nokia...) Hope that helps

Tried reinstalling it i'm gonna have to do a diagnostic startup i think or safe mode whatever lol

Won't let me delete the actual files

Try downloading a program that will get rid of the files for you. Like "Tenebril Uninstaller" or something like that. You can probably download one off the internet for free. I haven't done this but it seems like the best option

Are you sure that you haven't filled your primary partition (c:\).

Just a thought, but if that happens, then the program can't commit enough virtual memory to the unistallation job.

oh i buggered it and deleted the partition, reinstalled XP Pro, thanks for your help though, that tenebril thing worked also but it was only on a trial

Well Tarnished, you didn't provide the reason why it didn't uninstall or any error it gave..Anyways good its sorted now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.