I M unable 2 OPEN MESSAGES from my MSN Hotmail.
INBOX opens with all messages displayed but cannot open a single message from INBOX.
When I HIT the cursor on any message the bottom line appears as follows :
javascript:G('/cgi-bin/getmsg?msgMSG1072618043.2&start=667466&len=10814&msgread=1&imgsafe=y
Shall appreciate solution ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I M unable 2 OPEN MESSAGES from my MSN Hotmail.
INBOX opens with all messages displayed but cannot open a single message from INBOX.
When I HIT the cursor on any message the bottom line appears as follows :
javascript:G('/cgi-bin/getmsg?msgMSG1072618043.2&start=667466&len=10814&msgread=1&imgsafe=y
Shall appreciate solution ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Sound like Java is broken. Go to the Sun Java Download page. Go to Download J2SE v 1.4.2_03 and click on the download link under JRE. After saying "accept" to the license agreement, Click on the "continue" button. I recommend the Windows Offline Installation version. I think installing the Sun Java JRE will fix things.

Make sure that you uninstall any other versions of java that are installed first.

Make sure that you uninstall any other versions of java that are installed first.

It can be directly inferred from the original post that there are no "other versions of java" to uninstall, as Windows comes with the MS JVM, which can be disabled, but not uninstalled. It doesn't hurt to check, but don't be surprised if you find nothing.

I stand corrected. Should have put *may be* installed.
But then again, how long have javascript & java been related??
I use hotmail & access it with my Opera browser with Java disabled & everything works fine. :cheesy:

I am having the same problem as this guy, unable to open messages from my hotmail account -
I have read something that said that Microsoft VM is to be discontinued at of 6 Jan 2004, that the license between Sun Java and Microsoft has ceased, some bla, bla politic's, I have disabled all of the Microsoft VM and download the Sun Java thing that was mentioned and that still has not fixed the problem for me???? - any other suggestions, ps.......did install the Sun Java machine work for you Amar????????

hi i unable to access my hotmail inbox. the only things which is reponsive is the delete command. when i click others function bar it, the bottom left would show error on page or javascript:;

i have reinstall the java VM as seem in the forum but still no use..
pls advise :o(

en
me too !!

<snip fake sig>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.